Catholic Mito Church : Info
|name||Catholic Mito Church (dedicated to the Holy Family)|
|address||2-4-37, Gokencho, Mito-shi, Ibaraki, 310-0063, Japan|
By bus: JR Mito station North exit. From No. 4 or 5. Bus stop is “Izumicho 3-chome”. 20 mins
Message From The Priest
Welcome to the website of Holy Family parish, Mito Catholic Church.
This is an international community of people from the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa, Latin America, Europe and of course Japan.
All are welcome! The schedule for Mass and other events are listed in the Church schedule. May God bless you and your families!
Fr. William Donegan SS.CC.
|Sunday||9:30 AM (Japanese)|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (English) *1st, 3rd Sunday|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (Tagalog) *2nd Sunday|
|Monday||There is no mass|
|Tuesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Wednesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Thursday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Friday||10:00 AM (Japanese)|
|Saturday||6:30 PM (Japanese)|
*Please refer to Schedule of this month. Mass schedule is subject to change.
News and Events
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: RESUMING OF PUBLIC MASSES (UPDATE on October 29)
RESUMING OF PUBLIC MASSES will start on October 2nd, 2021 (Saturday) based on the 20th Pastoral Letter from the Bishop released September 28th, 2021 and the 14th Pastoral Letter released November 27th, 2020 on the PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS. However, there will be restrictions upon resuming the public Masses. These are the following:
- Sunday Mass will be held at 9:30 A.M. and Saturday Mass will be held at 6:30 P.M. (In Japanese).
- English Mass will be held at 11:30 A.M on November 21st. Please check the website or Facebook to find the latest English Mass Schedule.
- For the elderly and those who have chronic diseases, those with high body temperature, and those without confidence in their health will be advised to continually stay at home and pray.
- Parishioners will be allowed to attend Sunday Masses every TWO (2) WEEKS ONWARDS to keep each other SAFE. If the number of attendees reaches 70, you may be kindly advised to leave and watch TV Mass or Online Mass Live Streaming at home.
- Upon attending Sunday Masses, please write down your NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT NUMBER, and BODY TEMPERATURE at the entrance section. Following the strict screening, individuals whose temperature registered HIGHER than 37.5 Degree Celsius must NOT BE ALLOWED to enter Church premises.
- Wearing of FACE MASK and observing PROPER COUGH ETIQUETTE is required. Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitiser dispensers will be provided at the entrance for HAND DISINFECTION.
- Please ensure 1.5 meters of SOCIAL or PHYSICAL DISTANCING.
- Mass will be celebrated in a simple and solemn way and without songs.
- The faithful NEED NOT to hold hands when saying the Lord’s Prayer and when giving the Sign of Peace.
- Holy Communion should only be distributed and received with thoroughly DISINFECTED HANDS.
- KISSING and WIPING of saints’ statues and sacred images even their glass enclosures are HIGHLY DISCOURAGE.
- It is strongly recommended to continue to join the Eucharistic celebration via online live streaming or televised Mass.
Schedule November 2021
Schedule October 2021