Catholic Mito Church : Info
|name||Catholic Mito Church (dedicated to the Holy Family)|
|address||2-4-37, Gokencho, Mito-shi, Ibaraki, 310-0063, Japan|
By bus: JR Mito station North exit. From No. 4 or 5. Bus stop is “Izumicho 3-chome”. 20 mins
Message From The Priest
Welcome to the website of Holy Family parish, Mito Catholic Church.
This is an international community of people from the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa, Latin America, Europe and of course Japan.
All are welcome! The schedule for Mass and other events are listed in the Church schedule. May God bless you and your families!
Fr. William Donegan SS.CC.
|Sunday||9:30 AM (Japanese)|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (English) *1st, 3rd Sunday|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (Tagalog) *2nd Sunday|
|Monday||There is no mass|
|Tuesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Wednesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Thursday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Friday||10:00 AM (Japanese)|
|Saturday||6:30 PM (Japanese)|
*Please refer to Schedule of this month. Mass schedule is subject to change.
News and Events
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Resuming of Church Activities (UPDATE on October 3rd)
From October 3rd, Catholic Mito Church will RELAX the restrictions, but gradually with the following instructions of the 12th LETTER OF THE BISHOP on the PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS.
1. Sunday Mass will be held at 9:30 A.M. And Saturday Masses will be RESUMED from October 3rd at 6:30 P.M. NO FOREIGN LANGUAGE MASSES will be held. The weekday Masses will be continually NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
2. From the First Sunday of October, October 4th, the Age Limit for Sunday and Saturday Masses will be Lifted. Although the age limit will be lifted, the elderly and those who have chronic diseases, those with temperature, or those without confidence in their health
will be advised to continually stay at home and pray from there, taking very care of your given life first.
THE REST OF THE RESTRICTIONS WILL REMAIN THE SAME.
3. Parishioners will be allowed to attend Sunday Masses every TWO (2) WEEKS ONWARDS to keep each other SAFE. If the number of attendees reaches 70, you may be kindly advised to leave and pray at home.
3.1 Upon attending Sunday Masses, please write down your NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT NUMBER, and BODY TEMPERATURE at the entrance section. Following the strict screening, individuals whose temperature registered HIGHER than 37.5 degree celsius must NOT BE ALLOWED to enter Church premises.
4. Wearing of FACE MASK and observing PROPER COUGH ETIQUETTE is required. Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided at the entrance for HAND DISINFECTION.
5. Please ensure 1.5 meters SOCIAL or PHYSICAL DISTANCING.
6. Mass will be celebrated in a simple solemn way and without songs.
7. The faithful NEED NOT to hold hands when saying the Lord’s Prayer and when giving the Sign of Peace.
8. Holy Communion should only be distributed and received with thoroughly DISINFECTED HANDS.
9. KISSING and WIPING of saints’ statues and sacred images even their glass enclosures are HIGHLY DISCOURAGE.
10. It is strongly recommended to continue join the Eucharistic celebration via facebook livestream or televised Mass.
The 12th LETTER OF THE BISHOP ON THE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS
The Right Reverend Mario Yamanouchi, Bishop of Saitama
September 24th, 2020
Schedule October 2020
Please refer to News and Events.
Schedule September 2020
Please refer to News and Events.