Catholic Mito Church : Info
|name||Catholic Mito Church (dedicated to the Holy Family)|
|address||2-4-37, Gokencho, Mito-shi, Ibaraki, 310-0063, Japan|
By bus: JR Mito station North exit. From No. 4 or 5. Bus stop is “Izumicho 3-chome”. 20 mins
Message From The Priest
Welcome to the website of Holy Family parish, Mito Catholic Church.
This is an international community of people from the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa, Latin America, Europe and of course Japan.
All are welcome! The schedule for Mass and other events are listed in the Church schedule. May God bless you and your families!
Fr. William Donegan SS.CC.
|Sunday||9:30 AM (Japanese)|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (English) *1st, 3rd Sunday|
|Sunday||11:30 AM (Tagalog) *2nd Sunday|
|Monday||There is no mass|
|Tuesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Wednesday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Thursday||6:45 AM (Japanese) *Convent|
|Friday||10:00 AM (Japanese)|
|Saturday||6:30 PM (Japanese)|
*Please refer to Schedule of this month. Mass schedule is subject to change.
News and Events
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Resuming of Church Activities (UPDATE on March 22)
From March 22nd, Catholic Mito Church will RELAX the restrictions, but gradually with the following instructions of the 18th LETTER OF THE BISHOP on the PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS.
- Sunday Mass will be RESUMED from March 28th at 9:30 A.M. And Saturday Masses will be RESUMED from March 27th at 6:30 P.M. NO FOREIGN LANGUAGE MASSES will be held.
- Holy Week Masses:
To follow the instructions of the 18th LETTER OF THE BISHOP on the PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS, you will be adviced to pre-register to attend Easter Vigil and Easter Masses. Registration Form is at the enterence of the church.
THE REST OF THE RESTRICTIONS WILL REMAIN THE SAME.
- The elderly and those who have chronic diseases, those with temperature, or those without confidence in their health will be advised to continually stay at home and pray from there, taking very care of your given life first.
- All the faithful in the Diocese will be continually dispensed from the obligation to attend the Sunday Masses.
- Parishioners will be allowed to attend Sunday Masses every TWO (2) WEEKS ONWARDS to keep each other SAFE. If the number of attendees reaches 70, you may be kindly advised to leave and pray at home.
5.1 Upon attending Sunday Masses, please write down your NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT NUMBER, and BODY TEMPERATURE at the entrance section. Following the strict screening, individuals whose temperature registered HIGHER than 37.5 degree celsius must NOT BE ALLOWED to enter Church premises.
- Wearing of FACE MASK and observing PROPER COUGH ETIQUETTE is required. Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided at the entrance for HAND DISINFECTION.
- Please ensure 1.5 meters SOCIAL or PHYSICAL DISTANCING.
- Mass will be celebrated in a simple solemn way and without songs.
- The faithful NEED NOT to hold hands when saying the Lord’s Prayer and when giving the Sign of Peace.
- Holy Communion should only be distributed and received with thoroughly DISINFECTED HANDS.
- KISSING and WIPING of saints’ statues and sacred images even their glass enclosures are HIGHLY DISCOURAGE.
- It is strongly recommended to continue join the Eucharistic celebration via facebook livestream or televised Mass.
The 18th LETTER OF THE BISHOP ON THE PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES PREVENTING CORONA VIRUS INFECTIONS
The Right Reverend Mario Yamanouchi, Bishop of Saitama
March 19th, 2021
Schedule April 2021
Schedule March 2021
Please refer to News and Events.